August 2, 2007

Brief speech in the BBQ party of SMB/JSMB Meeting

Thank you for arrangement. I enjoy this joint meeting of Society for Mathematical Biology and Japanese Society for Mathematical Biology. This is the first time for me to participate the joint meeting of SMB/JSMB, because I did not visit the previous joint meeting at Hawaii in 2001. In 2001, JSMB was not yet established. We had JAMB, Japanese Association for Mathematical Biology, that was a more casual organization. JSMB is the thirdly important society for me. I think JSMB is not the most important society for the first generation of JSMB members. However, recently JSMB becomes the most important society for younger members. Therefore, we made JSMB. Unlike SMB, JSMB has no academic journal. We have not sought any academic power or authority. However, there are near 400 members in JSMB. This is mysterious. I think many members join JSMB because we can enjoy this society. We enjoy this joint meeting too. Thank you very much.
at San Jose State University, August 1 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home