October 25, 2007

Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 10:17:54 +0900
Dear Dr Shea and Dr Bjornstad
I am glad to send this email to you. I deeply enjoyed Shea et al.'s review article in TREE on adaptive population management, and made a special symposium at U. of Tokyo in 1999, inviting fisheries, conservation and insect pest control scientists. I made a web site of "study notebook" from this paper.
http://risk.kan.ynu.ac.jp/matsuda/1999/Shea.html
Now I am the Leader of the only one Global COE Program in the ecology area (one of the 63 programs in the all science fields http://risk.kan.ynu.ac.jp/gcoe/). Now I am interested in adaptive ecosystem management (my tentative result suggests this is very dangerous).
I am sorry but I have a lecture in Noto (SATOYAMA Meister Program) on these days. I must visit Sapporo on 22nd. My graduate student, Tet Akita, is going to Johsankei Meeting. He takes you in the sightseeing Tokyo area. He will talk about Evolution and effects of sex ratio in pollen coupled monoecy trees. He is intrested in Dr Bjornstad's works.
I think you will be very tired after Pop Ecol Meeting. If you can, we willingly arrange your informal (or formal) seminar in the evening of either 23rd, 24th or 25th at Yokohama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home