December 15, 2007

Pew Fellowship Annual Meeting

Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 14:10:19 +0900
Thank you for quick and kind replies.
Now I am joining the Pew Marine Conservation Annual Meeting as the first Japanese Pew Marine Conservation Fellow. I enjoy this meeting. Many people cerebrate me as a Pew Fellow and say interested in my talk. My proposal to Pew Fellowship is http://risk.kan.ynu.ac.jp/matsuda/2007/PewFellowship07.html
I have a little bit minded a more criticism because my project plan in Shiretoko World Heritage allows limited catch of sea lions, lack of by-catch report, and I support managed whaling. However, every Pew community people agreed to the importance of sustainable fisheries and traditional knowledge. They say interest in Japan-Russia World Peace Park idea in my proposal, and some of them are interested in the 5th World Fisheries Congress.
Adaptive management procedure (this is not frequently discussed here)
Co-management (the concept of stakeholder involvement is popular in this meeting).
Sincerely yours,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home