December 30, 2007

A Happy New Year 2008

Last year I became the first Japanese Pew Marine Conservation Fellowship.I visited San Jose for annual meetings of Society for Mathematical Biologyand Ecological Society of America. I also visited Altamont Wind Power EnergyFarm, Taiwan twice for Marine affairs meeting and national park meeting,and Bangkok for ASEAN marine pollution meeting.. I got a JSPS Grant of Global COE Program "Global Eco-Risk Management from Asian Viewpoints", which is only one COE in the ecology. I contributed deer and marine managementprogram for Shiretoko World Heritage. I study and promote adaptive riskmanagement for avian collisions of wind farms. I appeared in the TV program "Close-up Gendai", wrote opinion in Asahi Shimbun and HeraldTribune on "Environment-friendly fisheries".
I will publish a textbook "Ecological Risk Science: An Introduction" this March.
I hope you have a happy new year and healthy life with your family.
Yours,
Hiroyuki Matsuda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home